The Cabra CDVEC Adult Education Service (AES) is based in Cabra Community College.
The AES provides a range of part time accredited and non-accredited courses and programmes for adults who are returning to education. Courses are provided in Cabra Community College and in a range of schools and community organisations in the local area.
The CDVEC Adult Education Service is committed to:
- Providing a programme of quality assured adult education courses that meets the needs of adults in their local area.
- Providing education programmes on a modular basis in a welcoming and adult appropriate environment, in a location and at a time that best suits the needs of the learners.
- Providing adult learners with initial information to assist them determine their own learning needs and appropriate education programmes
- Ensuring that all learner will have access to Adult Education Guidance to assist them identify their learning pathways.
Courses include the following:
- Read and Write Programme
- Family Literacy Programme
- Spelling Programme
- Intensive Literacy Programme
- Numeracy and Maths
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Introduction to Computers
- Spelling with Computers
- Internet and Email
- Junior Cert English
- Junior Cert History
- Study Skills
In addition to the above the AES provides a range of Community Education Programmes including:
- Personal Development
- Introduction to Psychology
The AES also plays a role in supporting students of full time adult programmes in Cabra Community College by providing extra tuition in literacy, study skills, English language and maths. Referrals for study support can be made by Course Co-ordinator’s to Máirín Kenny, Adult Literacy Organiser.
Tuition is part time and flexible with courses running in the mornings, afternoons and two evening a week. Tuition is provided in small groups and on a one on one basis.
Enrolment for classes takes place in September and January. However, for literacy students there is continuous in-take throughout the academic year.
Referrals to the AES can be made to Máirín Kenny: Adult Literacy Organiser in Cabra Community College.
Adult Education Service Staff:
|Kevin Smullen||Adult Education Officer||01 834 2333
Kevin Smullen (email@example.com)
|Máirín Kenny||Adult Literacy Organiser||01 868 8342|
|Mary Comerford||Administrator||01 868 8342|
|Therese Yeates||Childcare Programme Coordinator||01 868 8342|
|Karen Granville||Educational Guidance
|01 844 3243|
|Roisín Brassil||Information Officer||01 844 3243|